5.1 Unwanted Items
5.1.1 In accordance with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you may return any item within 7 working days of receiving it for a full refund of the purchase price (exceptions apply - see 5.3 and 5.4 below). To ensure that you are totally happy with your purchase we have extended this to 14 days, under the following terms:
- The item must be completely unused and in original packaging. If the item returned item cannot be sold as new, we cannot accept it.
- Delivery charges will not be credited.
- The return of goods will be the consumer's responsibility.
5.1.2 If you would like to return the goods within 15-30 days of receiving them, you may do so, but will incur a restocking fee equal to 20% of the purchase price.
5.2 Returns Procedure
Please call by telephone whenever possible as many problems can be resolved without incurring shipping costs and inevitable delays. Our telephone number is 020 8905 0667.
- You must request an RMA number by phone before the product can be returned. For example, if your RMA number is 1234, you must write RMA-1234 as clearly as possible on the front of the package. Returns without an RMA number will not be accepted.
- Returned items must be complete without exception. i.e - in original packaging with all accessories.
- When returning a product, please enclose a copy of your invoice together with a covering letter detailing the problem, whether you would like the item to be refunded or exchanged, and a daytime contact number.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the returned goods are packed properly and insured against loss. We cannot accept any responsibility for goods damaged in transit to us.
5.3 Non-returnable items
The following items are specially made or ordered to the consumer's requirements and cannot be returned:
- All mixed paints (All of our paint ranges except Farrow & Ball are mixed.)
- Farrow & Ball exterior paints, Floor Paint, Full Gloss, Dead Flat, Limewash, Casein Distemper & Soft Distemper, Estate Eggshell - & All Discontinued Colours
- Dulux Trade wood stains and varnishes
- Pasini Door Handles from the Italian Handle Collection
- Alupewt, Ceramic, Crystal & Leather Door Handles from the VIP Collection
- All Fresco Murals
- All electrical items
5.4 Returnable items that will carry a restocking fee
The following items require an extra level of service in processing an order (such as custom assembly of parts) and so will incur a restocking fee of 25% of the purchase price when returned:
- All door handles
5.5 Defective/Faulty/Damaged/Incorrect Items
5.5.1 The performance and quality of all items that you should expect from Designer Colours is guaranteed under a 14 day return policy. If any item is found to be faulty, damaged, defective or incorrect in any way, you may return the parcel to us for exchange or full refund of the purchase price. Please follow the procedure above for returning the goods.
5.5.2 The returned product will be tested for defects. If tests conclude that there is no defect, or the item has been modified, altered or tampered with, it will be sent back to you as soon as possible with a test report. You will incur a Â£5 + VAT testing charge + return shipping.
5.5.3 All paint colours should be checked for colour accuracy before they are applied. If the colour is incorrect, please contact us. In case of colour dispute, we will request from you a brush out of the paint to be analysed. If the colour is incorrect we will replace the paint or offer a refund. We will not be liable for any labour or other costs caused as a result of applying incorrect paint.
Please note that all refunds will be processed within 30days of complaint.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.