Liberon Finishing Oil LIB/FIO1
Liberon Finishing Oil is a blend of high quality oils for use on all interior wood, turned woodwork and wooden toys. It is suitable for use on work tops, kitchen tables and bathroom furniture and can also be applied to cork, stone and terracotta.
- Nourishes and enhances the colour of wood
- Ideal for surfaces requiring a hard wearing and water resistant finish
- Water, heat, alcohol and food acid resistant
- Matt, satin or gloss finish depending upon the number of coats applied
- Suitable for all types of bare wood
- Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
- EN71 Approved – safe for toys
- Usage : Interior
Ensure the surface is bare: remove any wax finishes with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover and any varnish finishes with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper. Clean, dry and ensure the surface is dust free. If required stain the wood with Liberon Palette Wood Dye before oiling.
Shake well before use. Apply a coat of Liberon Finishing Oil using a brush or lint-free cotton cloth. Allow the oil to penetrate for up to 10 minutes then wipe off all the excess with a clean lint-free cloth, before the surface dries enough to become sticky. Allow to dry for a minimum of 5 hours and apply more coats as required. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats. The more coats applied the higher the sheen and the more durable the finish will be. For best results gently rub with Liberon Ultra Fine Steel Wool (0000) between coats. Furniture items may be finished with Liberon Black Bison Wax for an improved lustre.